What work did you just do?

Started by Fronzdan, October 27, 2012, 04:25:40 PM

1377x

heres a pic of the crown i just worked on polishing still have a little more work to do
closed mouths dont get fed

WyoMan

Quote from: 1377x on February 28, 2013, 03:53:15 PM
heres a pic of the crown i just worked on polishing still have a little more work to do
That looks pretty good....what are you using to polish the crown?
Wyo
Welcome to your life :)
Member of the Western Heretic Alliance

ped

I am also active on https://ukchineseairgunforum.com

chongman

Nice crown work ED, very nice  :-*

Barrel bands don't have to be boring, a slab of pot metal just hanging on the front of your pistol...

"Mako Shark"

Now to flip it around and do the other side  :D
Long days and pleasant nights to you...

mudduck48

Finialy got  my 1322 back together. New, steel breech, ss extended bolt, blue fork barrel band, brass valve and piston out of a phaze 2 1377, grip frame from same 1377, washer inbetween halves of pump body to take up the slop, cut down another ss 4-48 breech screw, cut off rear breech screw and LPA MIM  rear sight.
We need to keep going and have fun doing it.

chongman

Looking good duck! I tried to get one of those black bands at HPA last night but they were out of stock  :(
Long days and pleasant nights to you...

mudduck48

I goofed up the other night and bought the one with the fiber front sight on ebay. Pd too much, but I got greg's email address from Paypal. Greg, the guy that makes these parts. If you want it PM me.

BDS

Duck... Greg is "BlueFork Designs" he makes the parts but does not sell them any longer, he uses Joe at HPA to sell all his stuff.
Brian

1377x

Quote from: BDS on February 28, 2013, 08:23:15 PM
Duck... Greg is "BlueFork Designs" he makes the parts but does not sell them any longer, he uses Joe at HPA to sell all his stuff.
i think he sells a few on ebay every now and then its a different seller than hpa's name.i figured it was bfd just by the location of the seller

1377x

Quote from: WyoMan on February 28, 2013, 04:30:04 PM
That looks pretty good....what are you using to polish the crown?
thanks guys!
started with 1200 grit sandpaper for such a high number it still cuts into the metal pretty good.i thought all the chatter maks were gone so i went to 1500 grit it has a cloth backing i assume that it is emory,emery ??? then followed by 2000 grit for the extra shine
the sand paper was wrapped around a brass screw
i dont know if i'll go back in and clean up the rest of the chatter marks, still have the leade-in to work on. i need to work on the port,too, its opened up for 1/4" poly water line i might have to go get some micro sprinkler irrigation line since it has the id of .161 the water line has an id of .170 and thats to big for my application

nice work on the barrel band,chong!

good job on the 150,ysyeo!
it does look like you have a full plate ;)

mudduck48

Quote from: BDS on February 28, 2013, 08:23:15 PM
This is true, but I just bought the black front barrel band with the sight on ebay. Paypal sent me a notice that I had pd Greg  the money. He had 3 and sold them all. I goofed, I could have bought the same thing for $7.50 cheaper from HPA. O-well.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Crosman-1377-barrell-band-aluminium-/160981625208?

1377x

Quote from: mudduck48 on February 28, 2013, 08:56:04 PM
This is true, but I just bought the black front barrel band with the sight on ebay. Paypal sent me a notice that I had pd Greg  the money. He had 3 and sold them all. I goofed, I could have bought the same thing for $7.50 cheaper from HPA. O-well.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Crosman-1377-barrell-band-aluminium-/160981625208?
your 1377 is looking good!
what does a phase 2 piston look like ?
i have a phase 2 1377 and the stock piston is plastic like the rest of them.
the $7.50 is basically ebay tax
i would have done the same thing and got it where it was available
bfd sold his pump arm there before hpa had it,thats when i know bfd sells on ebay

mudduck48

The top piston is out on my new 1322, the bottom is out of the 1377 phaze 2 I bought for parts.

1377x

Quote from: mudduck48 on February 28, 2013, 09:13:32 PM
The top piston is out on my new 1322, the bottom is out of the 1377 phaze 2 I bought for parts.
forgot the phase 2 piston has a spot for an oil wiper!! :-*
i think you can get one that woeks at lowes
search oil wiper from the index page it will pop up or you can buy a roll of felt pretty cheap

BDS

or just cut a sponge "o-ring" to fit on there (black industrial foam)
Brian