What work did you just do?

Started by Fronzdan, October 27, 2012, 04:25:40 PM

BigErn

Brent

Quote from: breakfastchef on May 27, 2013, 03:52:35 AM
Tried something new for my Bling On A Budget Build (BOAB). Also did my first cut and crown for the same build.
The grips and crown look really nice Larry! :-*
Tell us more on how you did the inlay on the grips.

BigErn

Quote from: breakfastchef on May 27, 2013, 03:52:35 AM
Tried something new for my Bling On A Budget Build (BOAB). Also did my first cut and crown for the same build.

Wow great attention to detail Larry  :-*  Great crown job too, how did you do it  ???  I want to try a cut and crown job so bad...

Cwlongshot

I made some tools to re-seal my Sheridan!

I started pulling the action apart. I had to make a couple tools first.

1) Bolt nut removal tool. Made from a 1'' (Longer is fine) 1/4/20 set screw and two nuts threaded on the setscrew and jammed together. Then grind the threads down near the end so it fits in the hole where the bolt is.

2) I made a Valve nut tool form a cheap 1/4'' nut driver extension. First drill the 1/4'' hex with a 9/32'' bit. Then using a grinder grind flats to from a square. Be sure to leave the corners rounded. Not allot needs to be removed to make the flats.

3) The tool to remove the internals of the valve. Now this one I may have wrong... I drilled and tapped a piece of 1/2'' round stock 12'' long. Using a 1/4-28 tap. Then drilled a 1/4'' hole thru the other end for extra leverage.

I need some clarification on the 1/4-28... My tool will not thread on.  :-[

CW
BENJAMIN's: 392PA '11 • Marauder .25 • MAC1 tuned Disco .22 • 397P Nickle '81

CROSMAN's:  1389 Back Packer .20 '86 • Hawthorne M140 4th variant • 357 W/8'' '90 • 760 '75 • 1377 '13 CARBINE LOTS ''O'' Mods • 2200 Magnum '81 (First Gen) • 2100 '13 • 2240 '13 

DAISY's:  25 '10 • Red Ryder • 22X • 922

DIANA's:  34 .22 '05 (RWS)

SHERIDAN's:  Blue Streak '82  Steroid • Blue Streak '65 Steroid • Blue Streak '70 • Blue Streak '72 • C9 Blue Streak

WEBLY's:  Longbow .177 • Hurricane  .177

XISICO's:  XS60c .22 PCP

chongman

Cool tools  :-*  There's nothing more fun than making something to get the job done!
Long days and pleasant nights to you...

Tater

Looks great Chef, nice work.
Jerry

NW Chicago suburbs

breakfastchef

Acrylic paint, tiny paintbrush and one of those magnifier helmet thingys. After the paint dried, I dripped about 6 drops of clear satin polyurethane in the embossed area and let it dry. Tedious, but not too difficult.

Quote from: Brent on May 27, 2013, 05:42:31 PM
The grips and crown look really nice Larry! :-*
Tell us more on how you did the inlay on the grips.
Larry

BDS

Nice work Larry and patience! :-*
Brian

breakfastchef

Hacksaw to cut off the tip of the 1377 barrel. I know why the word 'hack' is in the name of the saw. I used a file to level the surface. I clamped the barrel in a wood angle scrap laying around the shop, but a piece of angle iron would have been perfect for the job. The crown bevel was done with a countersink chucked to my drill. I finished with buffing compounds and felt point with the Dremel. Igt looks pretty, but could shoot like crud.

Quote from: BigErn on May 27, 2013, 05:46:41 PM
Wow great attention to detail Larry  :-*  Great crown job too, how did you do it  ???  I want to try a cut and crown job so bad...
Larry

ped

Quote from: Cwlongshot on May 27, 2013, 05:49:54 PM
I made some tools to re-seal my Sheridan!

I started pulling the action apart. I had to make a couple tools first.

1) Bolt nut removal tool. Made from a 1'' (Longer is fine) 1/4/20 set screw and two nuts threaded on the setscrew and jammed together. Then grind the threads down near the end so it fits in the hole where the bolt is.

2) I made a Valve nut tool form a cheap 1/4'' nut driver extension. First drill the 1/4'' hex with a 9/32'' bit. Then using a grinder grind flats to from a square. Be sure to leave the corners rounded. Not allot needs to be removed to make the flats.

3) The tool to remove the internals of the valve. Now this one I may have wrong... I drilled and tapped a piece of 1/2'' round stock 12'' long. Using a 1/4-28 tap. Then drilled a 1/4'' hole thru the other end for extra leverage.

I need some clarification on the 1/4-28... My tool will not thread on.  :-[

CW
i think its 9/32-32 thread for pulling the valve out cw or at least thats what i was told it is
ped
I am also active on https://ukchineseairgunforum.com

WyoMan

Quote from: breakfastchef on May 27, 2013, 07:39:07 PM
Acrylic paint, tiny paintbrush and one of those magnifier helmet thingys. After the paint dried, I dripped about 6 drops of clear satin polyurethane in the embossed area and let it dry. Tedious, but not too difficult.
Extremely nice work Chef  :-* You must have a pretty steady hand too (so I'm adding that to the list   :) ).....probably helps with shooting too  :-*
Wyo
Welcome to your life :)
Member of the Western Heretic Alliance

chongman

I had to share my many talents today...

A bit of lathe work for breakfast.

Do some laundry.

Rebuild the carb on the B&S engine for my ridin grass cutter, change the oil and put some freshly sharpened blades on it... then cut the stinking grass  :-X

Tonight I'll be doing some drafting, i.e. draw some parts ideas  :-*
Long days and pleasant nights to you...

bgmcgee

Quote from: chongman on May 28, 2013, 01:34:00 AM
I had to share my many talents today...

A bit of lathe work for breakfast.

Do some laundry.

Rebuild the carb on the B&S engine for my ridin grass cutter, change the oil and put some freshly sharpened blades on it... then cut the stinking grass  :-X

Tonight I'll be doing some drafting, i.e. draw some parts ideas  :-*
Man of many talents   Especially the laundry part  ;D
"I've lost what's left of my right mind"

rmfromm

Cut and recrowned barrel for my 1377 project from 24" down to 20". :-*

Brent

Quote from: bgmcgee on May 28, 2013, 02:13:09 AM
Man of many talents   Especially the laundry part  ;D
Too Funny ;D ;D
Sounds like you are putting in some full days there Michael. That's just pretty darn cool :) :)