What work did you just do?

Started by Fronzdan, October 27, 2012, 04:25:40 PM

dan_house

Quote from: BDS on May 22, 2013, 11:40:01 PM

Say hello to Jim Morrison and the Indian for us   8) ;D

Didnt see Morrison.... but I'm <delete>not<delete/> firmly convinced that God spends His summer sin Montana and winters in the Northwest corner of Colorado/Northeast corner of Utah.....
I should leave you guys alone more often. Lot of great stuff built while I was gone!
dr_subsonic's pneumatic research lab
The lunatic fringe of American airgunning

Southwest Montana's Headquarters for airgunning supremacy

Member of the Western Heretic Alliance

rws_53

I took my Crosman 1600 Powermatic out to test shoot after many years in storage and it leaked gas and the trigger would not return.  So I took it completely apart today for a good cleaning.  The brass plunger/valve in the gas block was stuck.  Cleaned/lubed/assembled and all is well.

mudduck48

WOW! You did that? You're not a newbie/plinker, you are an airgun smith. That's awsom. :) I guess you don't need this.
http://www.crosman.com/pdf/manuals/C1600-EVP.pdf
We need to keep going and have fun doing it.

rws_53

Quote from: mudduck48 on May 31, 2013, 12:58:37 AM
WOW! You did that? You're not a newbie/plinker, you are an airgun smith. That's awsom. :) I guess you don't need this.
http://www.crosman.com/pdf/manuals/C1600-EVP.pdf

no...I saw all that stuff once I had it all apart  ;)  The only tricky part putting it back together was keeping the transfer bar hooked up between the trigger and BB loading gate.

Crosshairs

Cool gun and nice job getting her shooting again. Looks like my 454s.
                               Mike
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

breakfastchef

Quote from: rws_53 on May 31, 2013, 12:21:48 AM
I took my Crosman 1600 Powermatic out to test shoot after many years in storage and it leaked gas and the trigger would not return.  So I took it completely apart today for a good cleaning.  The brass plunger/valve in the gas block was stuck.  Cleaned/lubed/assembled and all is well.

Glad you got it shooting! It is great that the packaging is in excellent condition.

The 1600/454 is really easy to work on, but has about the most uncomfortable trigger I can remember. Two common problems with these guns were 1) BBs not feeding smoothly, and 2) separation of the grip frame halves just aft of the CO2 screw. Treat it gently and it should work fine for years to come.
Larry

Cwlongshot

I remember them!! GOOD JOB!!

I got the tool in for the Sheridan!  Five minutes I had the valve apart!!

I found a piece of debris under the ck seat and a broken O ring under the back of the valve.

CW
BENJAMIN's: 392PA '11 • Marauder .25 • MAC1 tuned Disco .22 • 397P Nickle '81

CROSMAN's:  1389 Back Packer .20 '86 • Hawthorne M140 4th variant • 357 W/8'' '90 • 760 '75 • 1377 '13 CARBINE LOTS ''O'' Mods • 2200 Magnum '81 (First Gen) • 2100 '13 • 2240 '13 

DAISY's:  25 '10 • Red Ryder • 22X • 922

DIANA's:  34 .22 '05 (RWS)

SHERIDAN's:  Blue Streak '82  Steroid • Blue Streak '65 Steroid • Blue Streak '70 • Blue Streak '72 • C9 Blue Streak

WEBLY's:  Longbow .177 • Hurricane  .177

XISICO's:  XS60c .22 PCP

Bazmati2020

I followed the good advice on here at fitted a .22LR case to the sear guide.  As its a T2300 it had the brass adjuster so I had to cut case down a little, I polished and it works a treat, definitely smoother (I also put moly paste on pins) 

http://instagram.com/p/Z-VnnykQi3/  :-*

BDS

Simple fixes are the best Baz  :-*

PS does the Firearms Enquiries Officer know that you have a .22 LR case in that air pistol?!  :D ;D ;D
Brian

Bazmati2020

AaronMB

With much excitement last night I installed the standard steel breech kit on my nearly stock 1377! It went on without a hitch, mostly. But I'll start a thread for that and not mess up this one...  >:(
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it." -Twain

bgmcgee

Did a little valve swapping today. I had a pro-top and disco valve in my 2300kt so I swapped it with the stock valve out of my bnm2240.  Got to say this was worth the time. The bnm2240 gained 40 fps and actually git a few more shots on target. The 2300 still shoots 630+ with 7.0 g r10's. Thinking I am liking this alot.  :-*
"I've lost what's left of my right mind"

breakfastchef

Quote from: bgmcgee on June 02, 2013, 01:10:50 AM
Did a little valve swapping today. I had a pro-top and disco valve in my 2300kt so I swapped it with the stock valve out of my bnm2240.  Got to say this was worth the time. The bnm2240 gained 40 fps and actually git a few more shots on target. The 2300 still shoots 630+ with 7.0 g r10's. Thinking I am liking this alot.  :-*

Good parts swap, B. Next time you have the BNM gun broken down, set the probe into the barrel an peer down the transfer port. If it is like mine, that fat probe is filling @50% of the port. I started a thread about how this robbed me of @50 fps until I modded the bolt probe tip. Looking to compare notes.
Larry

bgmcgee

I read that Chef. If I had the ability I might try thinning the tip as it is quite fat. I'm pretty happy with the valve swap results though. After I did it this morning just shooting it I could tell it made a huge improvement.  It actually had a little muzzle flip on a fresh cart with 18 g jsb pellets  :-*
"I've lost what's left of my right mind"

targettgii

I notice muzzle flip with the Boss valve and a fresh cartridge in my 2240. :)
Tom

Modded 1377
Modded 2240
Modded 1322
1750 HPA pistol
Stock 2260(for now)
.22 Gen.2 Marauder
CCS 2300
Custom 1740
38 T