What work did you just do?

Started by Fronzdan, October 27, 2012, 04:25:40 PM

USMA-1982

PS - Droid, I like your Ratbuster website.  Nicely done.
Ed

Fredericksburg VA

DaveB50

Nice looking Pistol Ed. Maybe Frankengun would be appropriate.  :P :P :-*
Crosman 1740, 12" bbl., , 1701p trigger, TKO LDC
Crosman 2260, Barracuda stock, 18"bbl., ACC LDC
Sheridan Blue Streak '68
RWS/Hammerli 850 AirMagnum .22 cal
P17
Crosman 1077

BigErn

Great work Fronzdan and USMA  :-* :-* :-*

USMA-1982

Haha - Frankengun.  It lives!  Here's the first string of five off hand at 5m.  Not bad, should be able to adjust on to bullseye at 10m no problem.  The flier was my first shot.  Trigger was a bit stiff and brand new cart of course.

Ed

Fredericksburg VA

droid

Quote from: USMA-1982 on July 09, 2013, 02:04:32 PM
PS - Droid, I like your Ratbuster website.  Nicely done.

Cheers Ed  :-*
Full Brass 2240, Custom 2300s, Custom 2250XL, Custom Beretta PX4 Storm, Custom SAI 1911 MEU
www.ratbuster.co.uk

crossliner

Had an ss muzzlebrake adapter made today..The barrel is not mounted yet I dissembled the gun it now has 3 set screws on the breech because it's free floated..

Gonna change the forearm tomorrow I have 2 from Mr. Quickster thanks a lot again sir  :-*

Also I am going to scope it and remove the BSA red dot I don't like it anymore..The lens has become foggy..Got a cheapo but reliable UTG 4x32 w/c I am going to pair w/ BKL mounts..For scope rings/mounts it's Sportsmatch or BKLs for me no less  :-*

BigErn

It's like Christmas there already Mr. CL!

Tater

Mmmmmmm....night vision...

/Homer Simpson voice

How good does it work? I always thought that would be something really cool have, een to just check out the yard at night when the ding donger goes off.
Jerry

NW Chicago suburbs

brz-ryder †

Did the air spring mod and the power feed on my mini mill if anyone is thinking of doing this mod save yourself some grief and go to Lowe`s or Home Depot and get 2 m6x 1  20mm lg socket cap screws . I found out the ones they sent with the air spring kit were to short only about 1/4 inch sticking out when placed in the bracket and the instructions don`t go with when you have to take the old spring out you need to do the rack then take out the old spring the new rack gives you 5" more travel up and down

Jim
my shooters
Crosman 2240 stock
Crosman 2240 highly modded
Crosman 2240 polished
Crosman stubby 2240
Crosman 116 x3
Crosman Vigilante
Crosman 1861 shiloh
Daisy 1140
Beeman p17
ruger mark 1
hatsan supercharger 25 in .22
Crosman heritage 2260
Crosman AS2250XT
Winchester M14

crossliner

Quote from: BigErn on July 13, 2013, 11:04:43 PM
It's like Christmas there already Mr. CL!

Yes Mr. BE but not everything is for my own use i sell them  :)

Mr. Tater it's a Russo made nv not really top of the line as it's only less than $200..It's decent though for its price..My most expensive accessory purchase lately is the Aimpoint T1 Micro 2 moa..It will be handcarried by my cuz..

http://www.amazon.com/Micro-T-1-Scope-Standard-Mount/dp/B007GH4JS4/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1373777972&sr=8-4&keywords=aimpoint+micro+t-1

Also this rangefinder..

http://www.amazon.com/Nikon-PROSTAFF-7-Laser-Rangefinder/dp/B00B9IKYRQ/ref=sr_1_1?s=sporting-goods&ie=UTF8&qid=1373778125&sr=1-1&keywords=nikon+pro+staff+7+rangefinder

You may think it's very expensive but you should see the prices of these items in the Philippines..Regards.

Davio

Quote from: brz-ryder on July 14, 2013, 03:29:39 AM
Did the air spring mod and the power feed on my mini mill if anyone is thinking of doing this mod save yourself some grief and go to Lowe`s or Home Depot and get 2 m6x 1  20mm lg socket cap screws . I found out the ones they sent with the air spring kit were to short only about 1/4 inch sticking out when placed in the bracket and the instructions don`t go with when you have to take the old spring out you need to do the rack then take out the old spring the new rack gives you 5" more travel up and down

Jim

Pictures and detailed instructions or it never happened!   ;)
Silence is golden. Duct Tape is silver. Gravy is brown.

2400KT bulk fed repeater .22
2260 .22 w/ steel breech
2250XE .22
Benjamin Discovery .22
Benjamin Marauder .25
Crosman 1077 WOOD .177
Crosman 1077 BLACK .177
Benjamin NP Trail .177
Crosman 2240 Camo .22
Crosman 2240 polished .22
Crosman 2300KT .22
Dan Wesson 8" .177
Crosman Vigilante .177
Hatsan A44PA .25
Hatsan A44W .25
Sheridan 2260
Benjamin Trail NP XL .25
Benjamin Titan NP .22
Benjamin Marauder Pistol .22
Benjamin 392 .22
Sheridan C9 PB 50th Anniversary .20
Crosman 1701-P .177

brz-ryder †

Quote from: Davio on July 14, 2013, 07:04:43 AM
Pictures and detailed instructions or it never happened!   ;)
LOL i`ll post the pictures after all the mods are done i have to make some spacers to mount the DRO`s once i get them mounted Ill post the pictures on the machining space

Jim
my shooters
Crosman 2240 stock
Crosman 2240 highly modded
Crosman 2240 polished
Crosman stubby 2240
Crosman 116 x3
Crosman Vigilante
Crosman 1861 shiloh
Daisy 1140
Beeman p17
ruger mark 1
hatsan supercharger 25 in .22
Crosman heritage 2260
Crosman AS2250XT
Winchester M14

Petrifiedwood

Went back more "stock-ish" on my 2300T. I installed a Crosman brake, and filed the front sight pin down a bit, then blackened it with a Sharpie marker. The gun was shooting a bit low with the pin the way it came from the factory, even with the MIM sight raised up to the extreme upper limits of it's travel (adjustment screw on the verge of being loose). This modification allowed me to crank the rear sight back down to a normal setting and still be reasonably on target.

I've decided to save my BNM breech for another project, perhaps upgrading my Discovery some time. I just prefer the look of the pistol in it's basic, mostly stock appearance.

I also ended up removing the steel breech a second time after noticing a puff of air on my hand when shooting. I guess I had the transfer port installed upside down. Flipping it so the larger end was "up" and re-installing it eliminated the puff of air and it felt like it was shooting with more power.

BDS

Very nice P-wood... sight pins are always trial and error, you got the fix just right! :-*
Brian

agninja

Just got a metal barrel band for my 1377. I put it on and found out that it slightly interferes with the pump arm when it is fully retracted.  I tried to take off the pump arm so I could carve out a groove with the Dremel, but I apparently don't know how to remove it. No matter what I stuck in there to remove those pins they didn't budge.

I ended up just using a thin cone shaped sanding bit on the Dremel and carefully carved out a grove with the pump arm still on the gun. Now it no longer touches the barrel band when cocking and you can't even tell that anything was done.
Black air pistols matter.