1750 HPA pistol
Stock 2260(for now)
.22 Gen.2 Marauder
CCS 2300
Custom 1740
38 T

1377x

Quote from: Fronzdan on August 16, 2013, 08:38:54 PM
I completed my "Dan House" P-Rod stock upgrade....

The Prod itself is new, put together from parts I bought from JPMoneyshot and ordered from Crosman.  This P-rod with standard furniture was put together for about $200 total.  I added a Gaska shroud extension too.

I really like the stock on my Challenger and saw how Dan House mounted his Prod in one.  All you need is the Challenger stock, an Mrod trigger group (I had a new one laying around) and a little bit of inletting.  At Dan's suggestion I used a Forstner bit instead of the hole saw i was going to try.  I measured a dozen times every which way, said a prayer, crossed my fingers and bore out a hole for the Prod gauge.

The Forstner bit made a very clean, precise hole.  I think the hole saw i was going to use would have hacked the edges a bit.  Thanks, Dan.

Whew I measured correctly, lol.  It lines up very well with about 1/16" clearance around the gauge.  It is recessed quite a bit, but I can see it when I need to.  I am thinking of putting a cover/cap of some sort on it if I can find the right diameter.

The next bit of work needed is to either enlarge the existing slot for the barrel band, or cut a new one.  The existing Challenger barrel band slot is pretty shallow.  The Prod band is chunkier on the bottom.  Making the existing slot deeper would likely cut into the cutouts in the forearm.    I opted to cut a new slot further down the stock so it's between the cut outs, giving more material to cut into...see the Challenger here

I used a dremel to cut the new slot on the right.  I kept the tolerance pretty tight around the band.

All that was left was tapping a hole in the Mrod trigger pack for the Challenger trigger guard and its a drop in!

I threw on a bug buster I had, but I think it needs a bit bigger glass.  Plus I don't like the short eye relief on this model.  Notice I have the front ring as far back as I can get it and its still too forward for my liking.  I have a bigger Centerpoint on its way.

It shoots great and has great balance and is short and light.  The project cost me about 80 bucks- for the trigger guard, the stock mounting screw and the stock itself.  (I got a great deal on the stock)

where did get the stock from? jpmoneyshot? i called crosman and they told me a price much higher than $80 for just the stock
closed mouths dont get fed

Bazmati2020

Today i fitted an upgraded breech seal (from Germany) and a flush CO2 screw (from a friend) to my 1999 Makarov.

Picture http://instagram.com/p/dHJtwCEQiD/

Totals mods are

Upgraded valve, upgraded breech seal, flush CO2 screw, Soviet Bakelite grips.

Upgraded (enlarged) chamber, upgraded breech seal, flush CO2 screw

Both now putting out over 4.5 FtLbs and accuracy improved.

rws_53

Took the 357 apart today for a minor repair...latch support went bad...will order part on Monday along with some other misc stuff I need for my other guns.

arkmaker †

Sure wish there was more room in that valve. Would like to up the power on the 357. I have one almost ready for a .22 conversion. Yee haaa!

Be careful with the pelgun oil. When it gets on the rubber latch spring block, it will turn it to goo over time.
Rich
I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

cherokeesteve

after returning two hatsan 25 superchargers (first one a .177 that had something rattleing around internally after putting 5 pellets through it, the second a .22 that averaged 465 fps with 14.3 CPHP's and it's rated at 600 fps) I finally got a keeper, back again to the .177 (rated at 700 fps by hatsan). Did a thorough barrel cleaning and put some pellets through it while checking velocity on chrony, I was very pleased. Changes will include modding open sights to an emergency minimum since I'm putting on a UTG red/green dot, camo paint job to the pistol, and modding some RB grips to work on this pistol (think I'll have to make some hybrid grip version using the stock ones and the RB ones). The RB grips are for a 2240 and I WILL make them work! Thought the grip color scheme would work well with a camo paint job to the rest of the pistol. Used 7.2 grain Beeman pellets for the velocity testing.
I'm like a lactating mother...I don't mind pumping

1377 w/green dot/laser, 2240 modded, T4 modded, 2289 modded, M4-177 modded, 2400 KT in CO2 and HPA.

breakfastchef

Quote from: cherokeesteve on August 19, 2013, 02:07:36 AM
after returning two hatsan 25 superchargers (first one a .177 that had something rattleing around internally after putting 5 pellets through it, the second a .22 that averaged 465 fps with 14.3 CPHP's and it's rated at 600 fps) I finally got a keeper, back again to the .177 (rated at 700 fps by hatsan).

Two bad Hatsans is troublesome. I was under the impression that quality had improved over the past several years. Glad you f ally got a keeper. Share some photos when you finish modding it up.
Larry

Gippeto

Quote from: arkmaker on August 19, 2013, 01:33:43 AM
Sure wish there was more room in that valve. Would like to up the power on the 357.

Me too...made a drop in .22 barrel for the 8" housing a while back, works as a single shot...less than impressive. :(

Al

rws_53

Quote from: arkmaker on August 19, 2013, 01:33:43 AM

Be careful with the pelgun oil. When it gets on the rubber latch spring block, it will turn it to goo over time.
Rich

According to the serial number it was made Feb 1983.  It is a one owner gun and has been in storage more or less its entire lifetime.  I recently took it (came in a cardboard box) and another 1987 made 357 (still in the clamshell) out of storage for some shooting.  The 1983 model latch support was mush and the 1987 model was rock hard and real hard to push the latch down to open.  Instead of ordering the rubber piece I was thinking a guy could drill a shallow hole in the latch to hold a spring and go that route for a fix. 

1377x

if that fix doesnt work be sure to get a few of the latch supports those things are the pits.. i managed to get a spring in mine worked like a charm. finding the right spring was a journey

BDS

Ed... quick hijack, where do I get seals for that new to me Crosman 262 carbine? Especially intrested in that loading gate seal/pellet holder for the future.

I'm guessing it might be the same seal as the old SSP250 pistol? Thanks :-*
Brian

1377x

Quote from: BDS on August 20, 2013, 02:47:56 PM
Ed... quick hijack, where do I get seals for that new to me Crosman 262 carbine? Especially intrested in that loading gate seal/pellet holder for the future.

I'm guessing it might be the same seal as the old SSP250 pistol? Thanks :-*
my local crosman service station has the seals. as far as the loading gate goes i think i bought out what was there then again he might have saved some for future repairs. a guy brought a ssp250 in for repair that was one of the things it needed he said he had all the parts then. that was a couple months ago
iirc i paid $4 a piece i really dont remember if you go to jg you will be paying quadruple that, i inquired there several years ago $12 for the part $1.50 surcharge ??? and $12.95 for shipping a part the weighs less than .25oz :o  if b&b doesnt have it, i would start with bna, a&b,mac-1. i do know of another source but they are like jg only highe
someone on the green forum offered to make me some but i cant remember who that was either. yahoo forced me to upgrade when that happened i ost a bunch of valuable info and contacts

BDS

Quote from: 1377x on August 20, 2013, 06:06:57 PM
my local crosman service station has the seals. as far as the loading gate goes i think i bought out what was there then again he might have saved some for future repairs. a guy brought a ssp250 in for repair that was one of the things it needed he said he had all the parts then. that was a couple months ago
iirc i paid $4 a piece i really dont remember if you go to jg you will be paying quadruple that, i inquired there several years ago $12 for the part $1.50 surcharge ??? and $12.95 for shipping a part the weighs less than .25oz :o  if b&b doesnt have it, i would start with bna, a&b,mac-1. i do know of another source but they are like jg only highe
someone on the green forum offered to make me some but i cant remember who that was either. yahoo forced me to upgrade when that happened i ost a bunch of valuable info and contacts

Ed, can you PM me with some help on these parts? Re: "local service station"?  ;)
Brian

Mark5043

Today I knocked out a few more sets of grips,including this set of 1701-P's,and a "smoothed out"1377/22 pump arm.I'll be trying my hand at some 1399 stocks soon.Getting the techniques down,so I'm about ready to move ahead to more complex shapes.:)