What work did you just do?

Started by Fronzdan, October 27, 2012, 04:25:40 PM

K.O.

Quote from: Ryan on January 15, 2014, 04:37:41 AM
KO,
You mind posting a pic of your modified 2100 valve when it's done? I don't quite get it when you said to notch .3" at the exhaust half of the valve.

hows about I show ya  the one that let me think about doing it...

5th pic down his is notched much further than .3

http://www.network54.com/Forum/275684/thread/1338520590/HI,+I'm+Interested+in+Your+Pumper+Project
1322XLT(2100/13XX hybyid)750 fps @ 16 pumps w/CPHP 14.3g

MK1322(2240/13XX/MK177 hybrid) 805 fps at @ 22 pumps w/14.3g CPHP

about 5 more 13xxs
Two Daisy 953(# 31x Jan. 1985) & (Sept 2004)
2100b (with old style piston)
.25 Mrod (50fpe tune)
.177 BSA Buccaneer (on the way)

Tater

Jerry

NW Chicago suburbs

rangerfredbob

By notch I'm pretty sure he means notching the bottom where it hits the indentation in the tube, pinning it would do similar
Near McMinnville, Oregon

Have me many an airgun :), count is 102 now...

K.O.

Quote from: rangerfredbob on January 15, 2014, 07:00:30 AM
By notch I'm pretty sure he means notching the bottom where it hits the indentation in the tube, pinning it would do similar

It is to allow me to move the valve back in the tube so I can use a .3 longer nose as I am going to .25 I feel it needs the increased volume.

there is a valve stop in the tube that the back  of the valve buts up against.

about 5 more 13xxs
.25 Mrod (50fpe tune)

AS13

Quote from: Flex on January 15, 2014, 02:54:41 AM
Got a bench top drill press for Christmas this past year and was itchin' to come up with a project ;). While casually reading thru some posts, saw one that was discussing replacement of the pump arm pivot pin. I recalled seeing someone's post on making them, so it was "game on".
I decided to use brass. So I picked up a 12" piece of 3/16" rod at The Hardware Store (really, that's its name :-*). The post I saw used O-rings that fit into grooves cut near the ends of the pin to prevent excess movement. I'm not sure just how securely the pivot pin needs to beheld to keep it in place but I'm guessing that I won't take much. I know that some folks use E/C clips and others thread the ends of the pin and secure it with nuts. (Maybe on my next one).
Other than the generalized idea, I was kinda making things up as I went along. (I'm sure the machinists out there are cringing)  :o. Since I knew the pump tube was ~3/4" and I guessed at having ~3/16" beyond on each side, I cut a 1 & 1/8" piece of the rod to work with.
Using the "poor man's lathe" technique, I trued the cut end of the rod and beveled both ends with a flat file. Then using a round file, I placed a shallow groove ~3/32" in from the end.

The O-rings 1/4" O.D. x 1/8" I.D. (x sect 1/16") fit snuggly and will hopefully do the job.

I don't think that I'll be going into production with these as I'm sure that the bearings on the drill press weren't made to handle the lateral pressure. Might do things a bit differently if I make any more. We'll see. Flex
Those bench top drill presses are great. With a little patience and trial and error you'd be surprised what you can make :-* Made extended flow thru bolts for my 2240 and 2400 and bolt handles.

Crosman 2240-.22
Crosman 2400KT-.22
Crosman 357W-.177
Crosman M177-.177
Crosman Vigilante - .177
Umarex SA177- BB
Winchester M11-BB

"Anything made can be made better."

BigErn

Quote from: AS13 on January 15, 2014, 02:20:06 PM
Those bench top drill presses are great. With a little patience and trial and error you'd be surprised what you can make :-* Made extended flow thru bolts for my 2240 and 2400 and bolt handles.

Nice work!!!  :-* :-*

Ryan

KO,
Now I see what you meant by the 'notch'. The 2100 valve body seems to have been made of one piece instead of the two halves like the 13xx's. Am I correct? The valve is closed at the rear end with a screwed-in insert that holds the valve stem. How do you remove that insert?

Bazmati2020

I ordered some Autosol after so many say what a good polish it was.

Used on my Robb trigger (which was a bit rough) worked really well

What was fluke though was after bb and seeping popping out as usual (strange as always happens on 3 screw frame, but 2 screw one no issues).  Anyway BB lost! :-[ but Droid to the rescue, he popped some in with some screw he very kindly sent me so back up and running straight away.  Gary saved the day mate, thank you very much. :-*

[img=http://s2.postimg.org/n480d5jf9/image.jpg]http://

crossliner

I use Autosol myself. User here for almost 10 years now. I am surprised as to why they are so expensive in the US..In the Philippines they are around $2.50-$3.00...How much are they in the UK?

Bazmati2020

It was $5.88 for a 75ml tube, think it'll last quite some time though

K.O.

Quote from: Ryan on January 15, 2014, 04:15:53 PM
KO,
Now I see what you meant by the 'notch'. The 2100 valve body seems to have been made of one piece instead of the two halves like the 13xx's. Am I correct? The valve is closed at the rear end with a screwed-in insert that holds the valve stem. How do you remove that insert?

Nope
The rear portion is very similar to the 1300 valve and the valve is two pieces, unscrews just behind the  very short nose...

about 5 more 13xxs
.25 Mrod (50fpe tune)

ped

been mostly getting my tax return paperwork in order but i did sneek a little time to finish some hammers off
i've lightened a std 2240 one to 50grams which will go in a pistol with a longer barrel, i had to first grind the hardened steel away before i could turn it down the finish isn't great as machining it took the edge of my last tip
i also made two stainless ones for a discovery build which will use the marauder trigger the first one just has a notch to clear the breech screw and weighs in at 62 grams without a guide or 66 grams with a guide
the second one is a light weight one that weighs 44grams or 48 grams with a guide,i'm not sure if i've took too much off the sides of this so may end up redoing it but i'm happy with the weight as 45 grams was my goal
ped
I am also active on https://ukchineseairgunforum.com

Bazmati2020

Very cool.  Lighter impact so less recoil and lighter trigger (& less power?)

ped

yes baz the 2240 hammer is for a pistol which will have a 10" barrel and as it'll only be used for targets less hammer strike will give lower power hopefull less hammer bounce resulting in more shots
the disco ones is to do the same job but with a 13xx spring and larger than uk spec tp so hopefully i can get as many shots as possible at around 9fpe as again it will only be for paper targets
having the different weight hammers will allow me to try all sorts of combinations to get the best shot count
ped
I am also active on https://ukchineseairgunforum.com

BigErn

Quote from: ped on January 20, 2014, 06:09:47 PM
been mostly getting my tax return paperwork in order but i did sneek a little time to finish some hammers off
i've lightened a std 2240 one to 50grams which will go in a pistol with a longer barrel, i had to first grind the hardened steel away before i could turn it down the finish isn't great as machining it took the edge of my last tip
i also made two stainless ones for a discovery build which will use the marauder trigger the first one just has a notch to clear the breech screw and weighs in at 62 grams without a guide or 66 grams with a guide
the second one is a light weight one that weighs 44grams or 48 grams with a guide,i'm not sure if i've took too much off the sides of this so may end up redoing it but i'm happy with the weight as 45 grams was my goal
ped

Excellent work ped wow those are nice!