What work did you just do?

Started by Fronzdan, October 27, 2012, 04:25:40 PM

crossliner

The ss washer is this type of bumper bolt because the ATI cheekpiece has a square hole. I chose one that would fit the hole "squarely", lol!

https://www.grainger.com/product/GRAINGER-APPROVED-Bumper-Bolts-5MTP3

I had the bumper bolt refaced, cut then drilled.

arkmaker †

Inspired once again by plasticclassic's stock for sale and the AA TRD I made this stock. Still needs some refinement, but closer......
I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

JMJinNC

Nice Rich - thickwall tubing or solid aluminum bar?

JMJ
John

arkmaker †

This one is solid as I had it on hand. I also used and re-drilled/tapped the brass PA that I had drilled/tapped with 10-32 instead of the 8-32 that is needed. That needs replacing with SS.

Last night I shot it and discovered that the cheek riser won't work so I am going to remove it and add a delrin tube in its place. Also, need to cut down the butt pad and reverse the top bend.

On the next one, I'm going to try to find a shop with a bender. I think a 1 to 1-1/2" drop would allow for the adjustable riser to be used. I like the idea of having that option (plus, I think it looks cool). Will go with SS on the riser legs next time too. I have a bunch of AL shorts left over from Arky-pod legs that fit the bill for this prototype. May do something more AR style with the butt as well. I have more ideas right now than time  ;D 
Will update in a few years  ;)
I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

JMJinNC

I had the same issue with my LW66 build - power adjuster and straight stock in line with the compression tube did not give good cheek rest positioning.

That's why I went to the modified 1399 stock. Raising the sights helped too.

I am using relatively thick-wall 7/8" aluminum tubing.

JMJ
John

rangerfredbob

Finally got a picture of the 1740 I made earlier this week:

A close observation might reveal that the elevation scope cap is still in my garage :)
Near McMinnville, Oregon

Have me many an airgun :), count is 102 now...

Old Dog

This Old Dog has outlived most of my enemies!!!
Many of my friends also, sorry to say!!!

1377x

I like the stock arkmaker. Is it something that may be available?

Nice work on the rigs fellas, keep it up!!
closed mouths dont get fed

targettgii

Quote from: 1377x on October 22, 2016, 12:38:33 PM
I like the stock arkmaker. Is it something that may be available?

x1
Tom

Modded 1377
Modded 2240
Modded 1322
1750 HPA pistol
Stock 2260(for now)
.22 Gen.2 Marauder
CCS 2300
Custom 1740
38 T

KevinP

Quote from: rangerfredbob on October 22, 2016, 07:38:25 AM

A close observation might reveal that the elevation scope cap is still in my garage :)

Looks nice, have you got a chance to shoot it yet ?
Kevin
Albany, New York

Noah

Very nice. I have a similar rig (1750) that is my go to gun. Share the numbers you get with yours?
"Money is like fertilizer: When it's hoarded, it stinks. When spread around, cool stuff grows." John Densmore, drummer of The Doors

Crosman 1377, 1322, 1325, 1750, 2250 and 2540, Benjamin Steroid 392, IB QB78D, Avanti/Daisy 853, Slavia 634.

Tater

I hope it's not under that woodpile.   :o
Jerry

NW Chicago suburbs

rangerfredbob

Lol, no, it's in the garage where I sighted it in

When I get a chance to shoot it more I'll try to pull the crony out and see what it does
Near McMinnville, Oregon

Have me many an airgun :), count is 102 now...

o-townFLA

Well it started out by making a pivot pin. As you can see the brass was a little weak after (2) 10 pump trails. I then made one out of a worn out 3/16 drill bit. That didn't work out either. Found a piece of stainless steel stock round and it seems to be working for the moment...

I also tapped my FTP for some off-setting set screws... I was pretty sketched as I didn't wanna ruin the Alchemy Airwerks FTP...

I then made my own brass safety and went to town polishing.

-Matt

bgmcgee

"I've lost what's left of my right mind"