Blue Fork trigger frame

Started by Fronzdan, November 01, 2012, 11:44:59 PM

Fronzdan

Anyone have one?  I understand Greg is making a batch. Price is a bit steep at something like $85 shipped. I like the ability to use AR-15 grips. But I wonder if his single stage design could be better than the two stage PRod trigger.  It's tempting because it's something different and there really are some nice ar-15 grips out there...but does that justify the cost?  Cuz on the other hand, for $85 + the cost of the grip, you could have someone make you some pretty nice custom wood for a Crosman frame.

1377x

good luck
hope he serves people better this time than he does with all the other ready to ship stuff he sells
closed mouths dont get fed

bgmcgee

I bought a barrel band from him and it shipped in a reasonable amount of time but was missing the solid pin. Contacted him and he said he would ship one out for me that has been over 3 weeks now.
"I've lost what's left of my right mind"

turbonoma

Not worth  the hassle. I purchased one sometime back and it took over 3 months plus tracking him down and writing him up on the forums before getting it. Same old story, "it's on it's way", I'll ship another", bla bla bla. Save your money and your patience.

1377x

Quote from: turbonoma on November 02, 2012, 04:11:01 AM
Not worth  the hassle. I purchased one sometime back and it took over 3 months plus tracking him down and writing him up on the forums before getting it. Same old story, "it's on it's way", I'll ship another", bla bla bla. Save your money and your patience.
same song and dance i got
wont deal with him again even if he is the last vendor on earth
i'll carve on out myself i'll get it quicker that way

droid

If it is all going through HPA Sports there shouldn't be a problem this time though  :-* :-*

Gary
Full Brass 2240, Custom 2300s, Custom 2250XL, Custom Beretta PX4 Storm, Custom SAI 1911 MEU
www.ratbuster.co.uk

crossliner

Quote from: droid on November 02, 2012, 11:15:07 AM
If it is all going through HPA Sports there shouldn't be a problem this time though  :-* :-*

Gary

Definitely..

1377x

Fronzdan

It would be cool if HPA Sports did carry them.  Joe's a great guy to work with. He's got the customer service thing down.  Greg just posted on the green that he would have some available soon.  I think for a little more money I'd rather get a BNM breech.

1377x

Quote from: Fronzdan on November 02, 2012, 05:44:07 PM
It would be cool if HPA Sports did carry them.  Joe's a great guy to work with. He's got the customer service thing down.  Greg just posted on the green that he would have some available soon.  I think for a little more money I'd rather get a BNM breech.
x2
then you will have a piece of mind knowing you are going to get what you paid for

mr007s

Quote from: turbonoma on November 02, 2012, 04:11:01 AM

I got one around the same time and went thru much the same hassle. It took close to 8 months for it to materialize.

The trigger/sear is much the same as the 1377 and 2240.
The feature that set it apart for me and made the wait bearable was the ability to use Hogue grips or with an after market adaptor the 1911 grip choice is endless.

1377x

that is a nice feature
his reputation is pretty much mud around the forums
hopefully he cleaned up his act

Fronzdan

Yeah that's really what was catching my interest...the grip possibilities.  Google "Ar-15 grips", select Images and look at all the choices!!

BDS

Quote from: 1377x on November 02, 2012, 06:54:33 PM
that is a nice feature
his reputation is pretty much mud around the forums
hopefully he cleaned up his act

From his site... " have discontinued every thing I make but the 13XX barrell bands. I will still be offering those for sale. I will be shipping the remaining orders in the next couple of weeks or I will be issuing a refund."

Huh? Never even heard of this guy... who-what-where and now,  it seems... why?  :D
Brian

droid

Hee Hee, just ordered two frames via HPA.

I went for self Color so they can be polished up on my SS guns  :-*

Joe had the two in stock so there will be no issues on that score for me.

Gary
Full Brass 2240, Custom 2300s, Custom 2250XL, Custom Beretta PX4 Storm, Custom SAI 1911 MEU
www.ratbuster.co.uk