Scopes Again!!

Started by arkmaker †, November 10, 2012, 09:15:32 PM

1377x

$250 is more than i paid for the gun :o all metal not a mark on it
working on getting a factory laminated stock for it
its a 1984 ruger 10/22 18.5" carbine never fired.thats what the guy i bought it from him said and to look at it i believed him.not one mark on it and the hammer and sear had no wear on them even after one magazine through you will see some wear none on this gun
i guess it deserves a good scope i only tested it out to 25 yards ten round groups .27 - .43 with varying ammo
surprisingly the stingers provided the .27  ten round group and the cci standard velocity provided the ten round .43 group.this is with no trigger work and it is stiff.i reworked the trigger a little since its last outing but have to take it and see what difference it has made.the last 10/22 i had ,i did a trigger job and it came out smooth as silk.the owner of a local gun shop liked it a lot.his jaw dropped when i told him i did the work
a 1984 bushnell 3-9x32 scope was used 6 power sighted in at 6 power
closed mouths dont get fed

josey88

Ed, the biggest enemy of a scope is the recoil .  On heavy caliber rifles , with the expensive stuff there is no problem at all , but you pay to the nose for it ... with a decent , medium value  scope you measure "good" by the ability for the scope to absorb recoil time and time again .  The Mueller scopes , at least the APTs Tactical , are good and cheap . I have been shooting with them on my two monsters for more than a year and nothing ... zeroed and perfect .
Now, on a .22 cal rifle you don`t have that problem because there is no recoil , so you can get away with a cheapy scope that you like best , like the Leaper Tactical that I bought earlier for the 2400KT or some Centerpoint , Barska , etc etc .  it just comes down to taste .

1377x

i hear you!
arkmaker,
you still have the centerpoint attached to the edge?
how's shooting?
closed mouths dont get fed