The search continues .....

Started by sandpiper, March 11, 2013, 07:37:31 PM

sandpiper

Now that I found the 1923 rifle I think I'll continue hitting the antique shops and auction houses in search of the elusive Crosman 451 pistol. I think it's going to be like finding bigfoot. Plenty of blurry pictures but where in the h*ll is bigfoot  ???

"Pic credit: gunauction.com 29below"

quickster47 †

Quote from: sandpiper on March 11, 2013, 07:37:31 PM
Now that I found the 1923 rifle I think I'll continue hitting the antique shops and auction houses in search of the elusive Crosman 451 pistol. I think it's going to be like finding bigfoot. Plenty of blurry pictures but where in the h*ll is bigfoot  ???

"Pic credit: gunauction.com 29below"

More like "Where in the world is Waldo the Crosman 451 keeper."

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

Crosshairs

Those will be big bucks if you can fine one.
                            Mike
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

sandpiper

Quote from: Crosshairs on March 11, 2013, 09:31:24 PM
Those will be big bucks if you can fine one.
                            Mike

But the search will be fun. Check this out, it's kind of ironic. I asked the question "Which Crosman pistol is the most rare?" in a post almost exactly a year ago. The 1923  although a rifle was one of the first responses  :)

http://www.crosman-air-pistol-owners-forum.com/board/index.php/topic,6424.15.html

1377x

i can get one here brand new in the box never fired
$500
closed mouths dont get fed

sandpiper

Quote from: 1377x on March 11, 2013, 10:26:05 PM
$500

Well that search ended abruptly  :o  Are they not as rare as we think?

quickster47 †

Quote from: 1377x on March 11, 2013, 10:26:05 PM
$500

Hmm, are you serious about that?  I will need to check my disposable income and stashed cash.

Carl

In Omnia Paratus

1377x

Quote from: sandpiper on March 11, 2013, 11:27:36 PM
Well that search ended abruptly  :o  Are they not as rare as we think?
at that price i think it would be cheaper if they were as common as the 600.they were made only one year iirc and from what i heard from expert so'n'so on the subject of the 451 parts are not readily available
i go to a lot of gunhows and have seen a few 2 nib and one used it was $450 instead of $500
the same guy who made my brass ldc has the 2 nib/nos 451's i know a guy who has a cousin who knows a guy who knows someone else that can get in touch with the guy who has the 451's he's an expert ;) :P

quickster47 †

The Crosman 451 was manufactured during part of 1969 and 1970.

1377X (Ed) you find me one for $500 NIB and I'll take it and gladly pay that price.  Just let me know when you get one in your hands and post some pictures.

Carl

In Omnia Paratus

1377x

Quote from: quickster47 on March 12, 2013, 12:56:00 PM

1377X (Ed) you find me one for $500 NIB and I'll take it and gladly pay that price.  Just let me know when you get one in your hands and post some pictures.

Carl

i mentioned it a few times here
i'll get in touch with the cousin he wont be around until tomorrow.the guy was just at the gunshow on saturday failing health not good :(.he is known around the forums cant ever remember his name he specializes in vintage crosmans and dabbles in the high end air shooters well he specializes there too.
leave the pics and hands between you two i'll send him your way when i get his contact info
he no longer makes the custom ldcs the best imo .i heard them put up against talon tunes and someone else.those were for the condor and the ones for the crosmans so small yet very effective

Crosshairs

Quote from: 1377x on March 12, 2013, 03:03:32 PM
i mentioned it a few times here
i'll get in touch with the cousin he wont be around until tomorrow.the guy was just at the gunshow on saturday failing health not good :(.he is known around the forums cant ever remember his name he specializes in vintage crosmans and dabbles in the high end air shooters well he specializes there too.
leave the pics and hands between you two i'll send him your way when i get his contact info
he no longer makes the custom ldcs the best imo .i heard them put up against talon tunes and someone else.those were for the condor and the ones for the crosmans so small yet very effective
Ed can you ask him if he can get me a vintage silver streak i been looking for a long time just cant find one i like.
                                                Mike
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

BDS

Another rare one... Cros Town & Country...

$500 as a beater, up to $800 in 95% condition.

Finest pumper Cros ever made, maybe anyone ever made?
Brian

quickster47 †

Quote from: BDS on March 13, 2013, 10:41:05 PM
Another rare one... Cros Town & Country...

$500 as a beater, up to $800 in 95% condition.

Finest pumper Cros ever made, maybe anyone ever made?

Yepper, 1949 to 1951 were some very good years for Crosman.

Carl

In Omnia Paratus

BDS

Quote from: quickster47 on March 13, 2013, 11:23:40 PM
Yepper, 1949 to 1951 were some very good years for Crosman.

Carl

True dat Carl, my bro-in-law (age 70) lived in Rochester NY back in the day and he worked at Monroe and Crosman. One of his first jobs was cutting the pump arm piece off of the full gun stock, back when the two pieces actually came from the same hunk of wood!  :D

Ever notice how the newer Benj 39Xs seldom have grain and wood color that match between the main stock and the pump arm? They don't even try to do that at the factory these past 20 years or more. Main stocks in groups of 100's get made and finished as a singular item and the same for pump arms... and the two items can be from dozens of wood lot variations  >:(
Brian

breakfastchef

Been a couple of days. Has 1377x fixed you up yet quickster47?

Quote from: quickster47 on March 12, 2013, 12:56:00 PM

Carl

Larry