The search continues .....

Started by sandpiper, March 11, 2013, 07:37:31 PM

Crosshairs

Nice score John it looks new Congrats.  :-*
                    Mike
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

1377x

Quote from: quickster47 on March 24, 2013, 11:16:28 PM
Ed do you still have either of those guns?

Carl

heck no
I don't keep my guns long i am not a collector
pretty much put them together test them shoot them for a little bit, test them again, then sell them
the only gun I will never sell is my phase 2 1377 has sentimental value any other gun has a price tag on it
i am thinking of selling my .25 and stainless 2260 soon
the .25 scares me i know i'll end up selling it eventually probably before i sell the stainless 2260.both guns are powerhouses shooting 50+fpe for the 2260 and 70+fpe for the .25 disco almost forgot i have the beretta sg4 so i will always have an air gun just not the same ones all the time
closed mouths dont get fed

targettgii

Quote from: Crosshairs on March 25, 2013, 04:43:57 PM
Nice score John it looks new Congrats.  :-*
                    Mike
x1
Tom

Modded 1377
Modded 2240
Modded 1322
1750 HPA pistol
Stock 2260(for now)
.22 Gen.2 Marauder
CCS 2300
Custom 1740
38 T

quickster47 †

John that really is an exceptional find.  Do you scour the areas around you every weekend looking for such bargains or just once in awhile?  Or are you friends with some local shops?

Whatever, you do come up with some winners.  :-*

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

KevinP

Kevin
Albany, New York

sandpiper

Quote from: quickster47 on March 26, 2013, 01:19:46 PM
John that really is an exceptional find.  Do you scour the areas around you every weekend looking for such bargains or just once in awhile?  Or are you friends with some local shops?

Whatever, you do come up with some winners.  :-*

Carl

Part of my routine at night is a quick check of craigslist and on Thurs nights I check the local antique auction website. They have pics of everything they're auctioning on Friday night. I'll occasionally cruise through the antique shops in the area. I've always been interested in older unique items, back when things were built well. The area I live in is rich with history and it shows in the antique shops.

1377x

nothing wrong with being interested in stuff that was built to last unlike stuff built today in a disposable society
closed mouths dont get fed

Crosshairs

Quote from: 1377x on March 26, 2013, 08:38:04 PM
nothing wrong with being interested in stuff that was built to last unlike stuff built today in a disposable society

I cant wait for the yard sales to start.
                               Mike

sandpiper

Quote from: Crosshairs on March 26, 2013, 11:42:34 PM
I cant wait for the yard sales to start.
                               Mike

I don't hit too many yard sales but the few I have I've seen nothing. Mike, are you seeing stuff out or asking if they have anything?

JEBert

I have been searching for airguns at yard/estate sales for the past two years, I've only heard of one air gun at one estate sale.  It was last spring and it was gone before I got there.  The lady said it was one of the first item sold that morning.  A young boy asked his dad if he would buy it for them and he did.  She didn't remember what kind of gun it was so I didn't bother to ask the price.  At the same sale, there was a Remington Sportsman (pump shotgun) 12Ga that they wanted upwards of $400 for it and I didn't have that kind of money so I left it there.
Cheers,
Jerry
NRA Life Member
USAF Veteran 1973-1977 (43151E) Sgt (E-4)

quickster47 †

Of all the yard sales and flea markets I've been to around here in Tennessee, including the 'INFAMOUS' World's Longest Yardsale, also known as the 127 Corridor Sale - http://www.127sale.com/ I have never come across one airgun.  I think the folks in this area prefer the real thing in their guns.

Carl

BTW, The 127 Yardsale is NOW 690 MILES long!  From 5 Miles North of Addison, Michigan to Gadsden, Alabama!

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

Crosshairs

Quote from: sandpiper on March 26, 2013, 11:47:23 PM
I don't hit too many yard sales but the few I have I've seen nothing. Mike, are you seeing stuff out or asking if they have anything?
I always ask even if i don't see any gun related stuff like i have said before most people don't like to put guns out for some reason.
                     Mike