The search continues .....

Started by sandpiper, March 11, 2013, 07:37:31 PM

quickster47 †

I guess those cap darts would be outlawed these days as being too dangerous as they might cause some serious fragment injury to any one that used them.  Sigh...

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

Crosshairs

Quote from: sandpiper on March 16, 2013, 06:36:47 AM
Be sure to hit the antique stores and antique auctions. You never know what you're going to find. Off topic a bit but I picked this up for two bucks. Thought it was cool and from the sixties I'd guess. Just need to find some caps  :)

They were a blast to play with we use to stuff as many caps as we could into them sometimes so many it didn't work lol.
                                    Mike
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

sandpiper

I'm sure this is a pointless question but ... are caps still available? I see plenty of empty boxes on ebay and a couple of old rolls but can they be purchased new? And what the heck is a cap, powder and paper or something else?

quickster47 †

Quote from: sandpiper on March 16, 2013, 10:59:16 PM
I'm sure this is a pointless question but ... are caps still available?

We bought some a while back but what we bought was not the same as what used to be available.  With the cap guns available now they wouldn't even fire the caps.  Finally just threw the stuff away.  It was a waste of money and mostly time.  >:(

Carl

In Omnia Paratus

1377x

yes caps are still available but they are not as powerful as they used to be
I see some of the old powerful caps on ebay but how long do they last?
closed mouths dont get fed

quickster47 †

Quote from: 1377x on March 17, 2013, 12:43:31 AM
yes caps are still available but they are not as powerful as they used to be
I see some of the old powerful caps on ebay but how long do they last?

And because of their age they most likely won't work.  That is what I've found when picking up old stuff like caps.

Carl

In Omnia Paratus

1377x

that's what I was thinking but they do have some new ones they aren't as powerful and almost a joke.it takes about 10 new caps to equal an old one
closed mouths dont get fed

sandpiper

Well I need to try this baby out. Any suggestions? I'm thinking of something but  :-X

quickster47 †

Quote from: sandpiper on March 17, 2013, 01:48:21 AM
Well I need to try this baby out. Any suggestions? I'm thinking of something but  :-X

Nothing comes to mind other than C4, black powder, or...

Carl

In Omnia Paratus

Stranded in California.

quickster47 †

In Omnia Paratus

BDS

Quote from: eric on March 16, 2013, 01:44:48 AM
would like to get one fer shur but for the price i could could get a daystate  :-\  ---  it's a toss up  ???  maybe this year if something is kickin in connecticut

Yup, BB of Airguns shows e'm at $1200 to $1400 depending on condition, even the beaters are $700! :D
Brian

eric

Quote from: BDS on March 18, 2013, 07:48:14 PM
Yup, BB of Airguns shows e'm at $1200 to $1400 depending on condition, even the beaters are $700! :D
you got it --- the one in conn was a  grand and not in great shape but nice. i would like to see and feel something like that before a purchase
TOO many freaks and NOT enough circuses

sandpiper

Quote from: 7624452 on March 17, 2013, 09:53:02 AM
http://www.nicholscapguns.com/caps.htm

Actually found some caps at the local farmers market. Had my son try them in my sporty little old Dick Tracy cap pistol. Cap rocket test will be today. No, the wife wasn't too happy about the cap pistol in the house last night. It went something like this  :D

Brent

Lmao
I'll bet! My boy got a cap gun for Christmas... but it was pretty cold outside......   been there done that  ;) ;D