What is your current Crosman project ?

Started by tayloriand, July 29, 2011, 07:38:32 PM

tayloriand

I've ended up doing a few at the same time .....

2240 stock .22 barrel with Rosewood Rick Grips (as avatar)
Got me a slip on silen cer, brass power adjuster, short Crosman steel breech (thanks 1377x) and 2x20 scope
Going to order a Mellon Flow thro' bolt

2440 Stubbie
Got me tube/frame
Going to order a Mellon 6" barrel, barrel band, front sight and Flow thro' bolt

1377 The Hunter
Got an almost new donor pistol
Fitted 2289 forearm and black grips
Got a GMAC  FTP/Valve and Mellon Pin (bought from BBS)
Going to order a Mellon 12" .177 barrel and Flow thro' bolt
I'll also need a silen-cer and may get a light folding bipod.
I'd really like to try a pistol sling!

Also purchased a Mini SWAT Scope 3 - 12 X 44 (30mm) for a FT Pistol
But I think I'll buy a Brocock Aim X Grand Prix with silen-cer and I'd also like a bipod

Will post pics soon

Cheers
Ian
member of Dukinfield Air Gun Club
www.dukinfieldairgunclub.webeden.co.uk
Undercover 30 lanes up to 35 yards including 5 pistol lanes
Paper, knockdown targets, spinners, etc

HappyHunter

My latest project: 2240 - 2260 carbine HPA.

So far I've got-2240
                      Crosman steel breech
                      24" barrel
                      2260 tube
                      Disco valve
                      Muzzlemack's bulk fill adapter
                      Disco hammer spring
                      Flow through bolt
                      13ci bottle regulated to 1500 psi
All I need now is a shoebox compressor, 80 cu ft tank, scope, and a nice stock (one of Josh's masterpieces would be sweet!  ;))

Todd

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things!

slider

Since I am new to this I have started my first one  its a 2240 and so far I have:
Added a steel breech
added a 12in barrel
brass end cap
brass bolt

I plan on adding wood grips, brass co2 cap,brass barrel band, brass trigger and a 3" brass barrel break. Then I will start on some internal mods for it. I will post a pic later.

NorthStaR

My turn, I'll try not to balls this up like all my other posts today. Someone asked if I'd had a heavy night this morning. No I hadn't!  ;D

Here we go (quick check I'm in the right thread!):

1. AS2250 Quickshot repeater (most current)

2. 1322 (ongoing 1377 convert. 20" barrel. Arrived today was a GMAC flat top valve set and a 2289 alloy black band.
    All sprayed olive green but may become camo, folding AK stock all wrapped up in a folding WWII repro M1 garand paratroopers holster.)

3. 2250b dragunov (in embryo stage - carving the stock, cutdown trigger frame and removed casting lines.) - it's on the backburner

4. Crosman 600 (Respray and reseal as required) - it's on the backburner

5. MK1 (respray again after the crappy job I did the first time round! Shoots like a peach, love it.)  - it's on the backburner

6. EB22 (lowering power)  - it's on the backburner

Streuth!  :o  I'm not buying or starting anymore till I half this list! And there I was thinking of getting a 2240 this weekend!  :D

Actually the first 2 are nearly there now.
The 600 and MK1 will be done at the same time as a box of paint arrived last weekend.
The EB22 is an weeknight tinkering, the end of a never ending project!
The 2250b is it's potential gun base but that may change, just focussing on the stock (which is a large piece of Ash).
The Ash wood is hard as nails. I need to purchase a couple of new tools to speed it up and to do it justice. It's 1/3 carved.

I need more time than available!  ???
Double-tap!

Crosman: Western 45, Western Shiloh 1861, 766, *Mk1*, 2250b Crosmods, AS2250XT Quickshot Repeater, 2240 Bling Star,
                1322 Folding Camo Sniper, Bling EB22, 2250b Violin TDR, W-2250, Crosshairs Special 1377SD, 2550 Carbine & still counting...

In progress: BNM BSA 2260 Repeater, SS Subcompact Stubby 22xx, 2 x 600, and .... and ....

JEBert

Northstar,
Ash is what they make baseball bats out of.  LOL!
Walnut is prettier.
There, I hijacked another thread. :P  Couldn't help myself.
Cheers,
Jerry
Jerry
NRA Life Member
USAF Veteran 1973-1977 (43151E) Sgt (E-4)

NorthStaR

Quote from: JEBert on July 29, 2011, 11:45:01 PM
Northstar,
Ash is what they make baseball bats out of.  LOL!
Walnut is prettier.
There, I hijacked another thread. :P  Couldn't help myself.
Cheers,
Jerry
LOL, makes sense! It's like a rock!  ;D ;D ;D I need the exercise, this will be it!  :)
It was a free piece that was just the right size. At least I now know it's gonna be one tough stock!  :P

I'll explore walnut for the next one, there's always another to be made!  ;)
Double-tap!

Crosman: Western 45, Western Shiloh 1861, 766, *Mk1*, 2250b Crosmods, AS2250XT Quickshot Repeater, 2240 Bling Star,
                1322 Folding Camo Sniper, Bling EB22, 2250b Violin TDR, W-2250, Crosshairs Special 1377SD, 2550 Carbine & still counting...

In progress: BNM BSA 2260 Repeater, SS Subcompact Stubby 22xx, 2 x 600, and .... and ....

quickster47 †

Right now I'm slowly working on a 1322 and a 2540.  Gathering parts and getting my game plan in order.

Also shooting, shooting, shooting.  Gone through about 1200 pellets this week shooting only three different guns.

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

arkmaker †

Slowly doing my 1377

1077 is in parts, looking to be bulked

357 in parts, just looking for the seal kit (really just need to order it) and mount the 4" barrel!

The Transformer is getting a new 18" barrel

And someday, the PowerMaster 66 is gonna get the steel reciever put on with a wood stock and a flat top set-up.

Also, slowly but surely finishing off a couple of 2250 HPA valves, a new breech design and a new 22xx debounce design........

I know I am missing something, but now that I look at what I just wrote, I'm glad I forgot  ;D
Rich
I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

L.O. Little

I finished my Crosmods equipped 1322 today, my Mountain Air MA1 1322 will be finished next week. That leaves my 12" barreled 2240:

I just ordered a Tippman 98 adapter from Charlie Mellon, and a Tippman 98 stock from Ultimate Paintball for it. Maybe later this year, I'll work on upping the power a bit.
Lynn

Joshua A

Still working on the same 1322 pistol I have been working on for well over 6 months... lol. I have been trying to get a darn custom shroud for it for Several months.. I traded a set of grips to a Well-known seller of ldc's and shrouds(as he proposed), and he didn't deliver the custom shroud, instead just packed me up a run of the mill ldc that he sells on his site.. So i said what the heck, and found someone else to make the shroud, traded him a set of completely custom'd grips for the shroud (as he wanted), and no word at all from him now.....??? So who knows.. Seems as if I am going to have to just take these projects slow. I dumped a ton of money into this 1322, and cant even shoot it. I stripped out the threaded hole in the airtube for the breech, lol. so It also needs some replacement parts. Anyone know a reputable place to get a custom shroud made that can follow directions, and wont take 6-8 months to deliver it? Ok, thats my rant for the month. once every 30 or so days aint bad..

J.Austin

tayloriand

NorthStaR

That's some project list mate!
I've been selling lots of guns and gear on AirgunBBS to raise cash to actually complete a gun.
I was working at some figures and it's surprising just how much cash we spend on these guns!
I don't recommend anyone costs up a parts list ..........

Keep us posted with pics

Cheers
Ian

member of Dukinfield Air Gun Club
www.dukinfieldairgunclub.webeden.co.uk
Undercover 30 lanes up to 35 yards including 5 pistol lanes
Paper, knockdown targets, spinners, etc

NorthStaR

Quote from: arkmaker on July 30, 2011, 02:34:13 AM
Also, slowly but surely finishing off a couple of 2250 HPA valves, a new breech design and a new 22xx debounce design........
I know I am missing something, but now that I look at what I just wrote, I'm glad I forgot  ;D
Rich

Rich, I can't wait to see the prototypes for the breech and valves. The only thing you missing was to make an extra one for me!  ;)

Quote from: tayloriand on July 30, 2011, 10:12:38 AM
NorthStaR

That's some project list mate!
I've been selling lots of guns and gear on AirgunBBS to raise cash to actually complete a gun.
I was working at some figures and it's surprising just how much cash we spend on these guns!
I don't recommend anyone costs up a parts list ..........
Keep us posted with pics
Cheers
Ian

I didn't realise I had so much going on until I typed that up!  :-[
It is a little shocking how much gets sunk into these guns. Partly why I try and do as much as I can where possible.

But, alas, I just can't stop....I admit I have a problem, the upside is I'm OK with it!  ;)
Double-tap!

eric

redoing this and debating on what caliber as it will get a new barrel ---- the stock is done after trying to fund this rebarrel project with a .22 LW barrel                                                        may be awhile with my string of luck lately  :( :-X :-[ :P :)
TOO many freaks and NOT enough circuses

jogle

2240 came yesterday in mail, waiting for e-bay win's to start rebuilding my Crosman 140. Got rid of my g/f yesterday she will be replaced by 2240 mods.
Thanks for the great eye candy.
Jerry

AZAG

You made the right choice jogle.  Airguns are expensive but g/fs will bankrupt you.

I'm going to try to have only one active project at a time.  Currently that is a 1377 that is getting preped for backyard bird control.
current mods are:
Steel breech
trigger polish
lighter trigger spring and guide
hammer spring guide
simmons scope

to be done:
solid pin

It's going to stay a pistol for now but I'm considering turning it into a carbine and doing some power mods.  That may be an over the winter project, we'll see.  I've just about had it with the plastic grips and forearm so that may come before any power mods.