What work did you just do?

Started by Fronzdan, October 27, 2012, 04:25:40 PM

crossliner

Quote from: crossliner on December 06, 2012, 12:37:18 AM
Quote from: crossliner on November 30, 2012, 11:46:50 AM
Had my 2 grip frames, bb and other aluminum items bead blasted by 1 of my friends for a free lunch.. The 3rd one and his accompanying barrel band being in Manila for copying via cnc..Dang the guy to do it is still in Europe but he will be here before X'mas I can wait  >:(....Btw I have already delivered my babies to the new powder coating co. located 5 minutes away from my place  :D Finally because the other co. refuses to accept even airgun parts  :-X..Very cheap for around $5.00  ???

I think w/ this finish even a not so good paint will adhere well. This is so much better than sanding imho. Best regards.

Here they are post powder coat..I paid $4.76 for the 2 grips, bb and some flashlight items ain't that cheap? Because the items were bead blasted the finish is somewhat spartan in appearance but I tested its toughness by hammering its inside portion and yes it's very tough indeed. Best regards.

I forgot to post it here..Here it is up close..I was able to get rid of the ugly casting blowholes..The powdercoating being thick helped mask the imperfections. Mr. Chongman's right it does have a hammered appearance.

crossliner

Quote from: crossliner on November 12, 2012, 11:46:09 AM
Mounted a torch on 1 of my 2400KTs. Best regards.

Here is how it is mounted. My machinist bud made this dovetail adapter for me in brass ( easier to work on as it's soft ) then I had it NICKEL CHROME PLATED. A brass part even if it is not too visible would not look right on a silver and black inspired gun imo. It is secured by 2 screws I replaced the BKL scope mount bolt w/ a longer 1 so it's back to back and very solid. It's a good thing BKL mounts have 2 screw holes  :-*..My flashlight mount is a UTG dovetail mount that came w/ the scope but I replaced the bolts w/ polished ss allen ones. Best regards.

BigErn

Quote from: crossliner on December 25, 2012, 03:44:34 AM
Here is how it is mounted. My machinist bud made this dovetail adapter for me in brass ( easier to work on as it's soft ) then I had it NICKEL CHROME PLATED. A brass part even if it is not too visible would not look right on a silver and black inspired gun imo. It is secured by 2 screws I replaced the BKL scope mount bolt w/ a longer 1 so it's back to back and very solid. It's a good thing BKL mounts have 2 screw holes  :-*..My flashlight mount is a UTG dovetail mount that came w/ the scope but I replaced the bolts w/ polished ss allen ones. Best regards.

Man that looks awesome  :-X :-X

1377x

looks good!
from the looks of the pics you overlooked the casting lines on the barrel band ???
closed mouths dont get fed

0351_Vet

CL, Very cool idea, and great looking.  :-* :-*
What flashlight is that?
Marauder  .25 / CP 4-16x56mm AO Mil-Dot & Marauder P-Rod
Disco .22 / Leapers 3-12x44mm AO  Mil-Dot / Disco Sleeper Carbine
Katana .22 / CP 4-16x56mm AO Mil-Dot
2260 / CCS 2400KT / 2300KT / 1701 / 1377 / 1322 / EB22 / Benji 132 / Benji 422

<'((((><      ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

1377x

forgot some word i did yesterday
i messed up on my homebrewed sear tried freehanding the drilling and the drill didnt stay put and walked some even though i wasnt speeding .as an alternative i removed the set screws from the marauder pistol trigger and installed it in the stock 1377 grip frame .all i can say is what a difference it makes because the tongue is longer it bumps up to the sear near the mounting hole absolutely no play in the trigger immediate release of the sear making for nice single stage short trigger. now what it really needs is a trigger stop because of the extra travel it has after the sear is released,which is a lot. since i am used to the same release point on my marauder pistol trigger group out of habit  i dont keep pulling through and i found out the over travel stop on that trigger group only gets in my way so i removed the set screws anyhow.if anyone else is willing to try the marauder pistol  trigger group on their stock 2XXX/13XX trigger group please post your finding

AS13

Spent a little over an hour cleaning up the sear and trigger on my new 2400KT. What a difference...Initially the trigger pull was gritty and heavy. Now it has a clean  and light let off with no over travel (trigger stop). I wanted to polish up the hammer, but I didn't have the right allen wrench for the breech screw  >:( I couldn't believe I didn't have one!  Oh well...Next time. What is the size of that breech screw?  I added some small flat washers to both sides of the sear (was sitting kinda crooked before). There was no play in the trigger, so I left it with the factory washer.  Lubed it up and reassembled.  Mounted the UTG red/green dot using the adapters I picked up...Worked great. Before I actually sight it in, I'll put some loctite on the adapter screws.
Crosman 2240-.22
Crosman 2400KT-.22
Crosman 357W-.177
Crosman M177-.177
Crosman Vigilante - .177
Umarex SA177- BB
Winchester M11-BB

"Anything made can be made better."

cmj21973

Quote from: AirShooter2012 on December 25, 2012, 10:55:14 PM
Spent a little over an hour cleaning up the sear and trigger on my new 2400KT. What a difference...Initially the trigger pull was gritty and heavy. Now it has a clean  and light let off with no over travel (trigger stop). I wanted to polish up the hammer, but I didn't have the right allen wrench for the breech screw  >:( I couldn't believe I didn't have one!  Oh well...Next time. What is the size of that breech screw?  I added some small flat washers to both sides of the sear (was sitting kinda crooked before). There was no play in the trigger, so I left it with the factory washer.  Lubed it up and reassembled.  Mounted the UTG red/green dot using the adapters I picked up...Worked great. Before I actually sight it in, I'll put some loctite on the adapter screws.

http://www.crosman-air-pistol-owners-forum.com/board/index.php/topic,185.msg775.html#msg775

The breech screw takes a .050"  Allen wrench. If it's a steel breech, with a barrel set screw, you will also need a 5/64" Allen wrench.

1377x

why is it when some buy the tube style red dot they buy the adapter instead of the 30mm rings they are the same price.i can see it if you have the adapter already,if you have to buy one or the other the rings is the better way to go.imo!

crossliner

Quote from: 1377x on December 25, 2012, 05:05:07 PM
looks good!
from the looks of the pics you overlooked the casting lines on the barrel band ???

True Mr. 13 but I just left it but sanded it fine prior to beadblasting..It is on the lower portion of the BB where the curve starts that the line is somewhat visible but it does not look bad as it is very fine and evenly linear unlike those that you see on grip frames that look like keloids..

Thank you Mr. BigErn.

Mr. Vet it is this light a TD12 R5 led..I have the complete line of all old Lumintop models..My TD15 casts a much stronger light having an XML led but it guzzles a lot of gas even w/ a 18650 battery..I just use medium setting when I hunt rats..It is too much light actually you will spook them vermin..I am going to get a red led soon. Best regards..

http://www.ledflashlightsource.com/lumens/221-500-lumens/lumintop-td12.html

1377x

True Mr. 13 but I just left it but sanded it fine prior to beadblasting..It is on the lower portion of the BB where the curve starts that the line is somewhat visible but it does not look bad as it is very fine and evenly linear unlike those that you see on grip frames that look like keloids..
i see that now you mention it another thing is these pics are huge.probably less noticable in real life pics seem to bring out the details we miss :-*

AS13

I'll have to search my tool box again. The red dot had the built in weaver base so I needed the adapter.
Crosman 2240-.22
Crosman 2400KT-.22
Crosman 357W-.177
Crosman M177-.177
Crosman Vigilante - .177
Umarex SA177- BB
Winchester M11-BB

1377x

i had a tasco rd30 red dot like that very accurate for being a rd30 just didnt like the adapter
i stick to the tube red dots now,they can be mounted with just a change of the rings ;)

AS13

That breech screw seemed awful small... emailed Crosman about that screw.  They said it was a 1/54 (.0185) allen wrench.
Crosman 2240-.22
Crosman 2400KT-.22
Crosman 357W-.177
Crosman M177-.177
Crosman Vigilante - .177
Umarex SA177- BB
Winchester M11-BB

JEBert

Quoteemailed Crosman about that screw.  They said it was a 1/54 (.0185) allen wrench.
Maybe they were pulling your leg.  Let me know if you find one that small.  I have some awfully small tools but only thing I have that small are drill bits.
Most of us use a fifty-thousandths (.050) Allen wrench on that little screw, which would be 1/20th of an inch.
Have a Happy New Year!
Jerry
NRA Life Member
USAF Veteran 1973-1977 (43151E) Sgt (E-4)